Wednesday, April 4, 2012

ABC Wednesday: L is for...

I thought about posting L is for LOVE and showing you more wedding photos, but...nah, that's too obvious! Instead...

L is for LALIQUE...

Mom and I saw this Lalique crystal ware display in the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II in Milan. Wowzers, that stuff is WAY outta my price range!! In case you cannot make it out, the little clock in the middle was priced at 660 euro...


I loved these teeny brightly coloured fish!! So much fun. I didn't buy one though...at 95 euro each, these are for the shelves of people far wealthier than me!


This is the Galleria (long building on the right) from atop the Duomo (spires on the left), to give you a sense of its size...


The Oh! so massive arched entrance to the Galleria. I was standing in the huge piazza in front of the Duomo, we had just emerged from the underground Metro into the blindingly bright sunlight...blink, blink...


Here we are inside, it is amazing and very strange...feels like you are both indoors and outdoors! Everywhere you turn are shop doors emblazoned with famous names...Prada, Gucci, Louis Vuitton and so on.



The architecture and decor was very ornate and grandly beautiful. We loved the paintings in the arches high above the shops.


And finally...here is the Galleria at night. It loses the outdoor feel at night with all the lights, but still spectacular.







Hope you enjoyed this little tour of Milan's Galleria and the LALIQUE display.
Look for more L themed posts on ABCW!!


6 comments:

Ann said...

Lalique is definately a luxury for the wealthy but very beautiful to look at. I adore the lighting in the building. Milan would be a dream vacation for me.
Ann

EG CameraGirl said...

Yes I did enjoy these shots. :))

menehune said...

Love Lalique too but not the price. It always reminds me of sea glass - which I can scout out with my little nieces at the beach for free! Takes the edge off my lusting for lalique! Great take, A.

Roger Owen Green said...

I like it. Not familiar with that line.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Chubskulit Rose said...

These are lovely photos.

Littlest Petshop
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

Trekcapri said...

Hi Anne, that's a very beautiful galleria. Love your photos. I had never heard of the Lalique before. They are beautiful but I'm in the admire and not own camp though with those prices. :0

Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...